Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 28, 2012

what makes my heart happy

While getting ready for church today Hunter came in my room and said, "Hey Mom, you got any cash?" I told him no I did not. He quickly found Nene and asked her the same thing. Thank goodness Nene had some cash. He wanted it for his offering. He told me Papa always has cash. He does not miss anything. He melts my heart daily!

We went to school to take the tables back and the kids enjoyed riding on the dolly. They have very little fear. It make me really happy when they have a whole day of being sweet to each other and not fighting.

One the way home Hunter was asking who goes to A.Z. Kelley. We told him Patrick did. Derrick asked him what he was dressed as last night. Hunter quickly responded, "Batman!" Derrick then asked him what Ty was dressed as and he said, just as quickly, "An Eggo." He makes us laugh all the time.


Hannah is growing up so fast, right before our eyes. Our conversation with her was about what songs we sang at church today. She asked if we sang Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) or How Great Is Our God. I told her not today. She said they sang Amazing Grace and she loves that song. I found How Great Is Our God on iHeart radio for her. It is wonderful to hear her signing such great songs. She took my phone and went to her room to sing and play. I am every thankful to be a part of a church that has such wonderful people to teach our children. They both love their teachers at church.

I hope you all had a wonderful Sunday. We had a great time at church and have enjoyed spending the rest of the day together. My heart is so full that I can't stop smiling today.

2 comments:

Mike and Nene said...

Hunter abosolutely is the funniest little man. I loved him asking for cash.... then sticking it in pocket like a grown up man. it was truly so sweet to hear him say he needed it for his offering.

You and Derrick are doing such a great job of being wonderful examples to the kids. Hannah and Hunter are very precious to us.

We had a wonderful time this weekend visiting and enjoying the Halloween party!

MeMe said...

My mother loved Amazing Grace also. She wanted it as the ring tone for her phone. So thankful that they are singing the old hymns -- so powerful and full of emotion.