Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hannah & Hunter




I just wanted to tell what the kids have been up to lately. I like to keep record of the fun things they do to keep us entertained.

Hannah: She has such a great imagination. She loves to play in her room with her dollhouse, castle, and princesses. I can hear her retelling all of the princess and Barbie movies sometimes just as they go and other times mixing the stories and making up some of her own. She still likes to play in her kitchen as well. Her new thing this week has been to pretend that it is my birthday. I like to have birthdays that do not really make me older. She always brings me the cookie in the picture and tells me if is a black bean cookie since I really like black beans. She loves playing outside. Her newest thing she enjoys doing outside is pulling weeds. I need to get a video of her doing it, she is very serious about it. During the last few months at school they were really working on color words. They would sing the color songs, which I have because I teach them to my kindergartners, so we started listening to it in the car. She can spell almost all of the basic colors. I thought I would see if she could read the color words so I brought home a color word page from school. Sure enough she can do it. I was very proud of her. She does pretty good coloring in the lines as well. She did not write her name as neat as she can, but you can still read that it says Hannah. I think my favorite thing that she does right now is sign. She really knows the words to some songs and can sign them pretty well. I asked her if I could video her singing for the blog and she said yes. We have just not had time. I will be sure to post for your listening pleasure when I do.

Hunter: He is one busy boy. He still is not walking alone, but will cruise the furniture and walk behind his push toys. He is a climber. He can get off and on his riding toys with no help. He can climb in his rocking chair, the little chairs at the "Play-Doh" table and then onto the table. He climbed on the the stool in the bathroom the other night and tried to reach the light. He has also climbed on the tub on blocks to reach the DVD's on the next shelf to pull them all off in the floor and then clap for himself. He tries to climb in the bathtub. The other day he was not sleepy for his morning nap and was playing happily so I thought I would get in the shower real quick. Well I was not quick enough. The next things I know the shower curtain was being pulled open and he was standing there holding his arms up saying mama. When I did not pick him up he tried to climb in the shower with me. Once he figured out that I was not going to get him he left. He was really quiet when I got out of the shower. I asked Hannah where he was and she said he was looking for the turkeys out the dinning room window. When I went to check on him he was at the window but he was not looking for turkeys. He was eating the dirt out of my plant. He had dirt everywhere. I yelled for Derrick to come help me clean up. (He was outside cutting tile while all of this was happening.) We got him and the floor cleaning up. Derrick said, "We will have to move the plant because now he knows there is dirt in the house." Hunter loves to play in the dirt. He is all boy. I found a shirt that someone gave him, I think Rachel, that says I make dirt look good. I need to take his picture in it and dress him in it daily. Later the same day he was quiet again and guess what, he was in the plant that neither Derrick or I had moved. As you can tell from the picture the plant has a new home outside. Hunter as not as big on dong sign language has Hannah was. I am not sure if I have not taught him as much or if we just know what he wants. The only sign he do consistently now is please. He has just started doing eat, which is one of his favorite things to do. I hope he will stay a good eater. The only thing he will not eat is broccoli and a bagel with cream cheese on it. He is just starting to love books. I wrote in a post earlier this week, I think, that it is my goal to read him at least one book a day. He can point to his head, nose, mouth, feet, and sometimes belly. He still does not say many words. He says, Mama, DaDa, Hannah, uh oh, mmm (more), amen, gooble-gooble, and rrrah. He loves to watch the turkeys and will call them, which is really cute. He will sometimes bark if you ask him what the dog says and he loves to roar like a lion/tiger/bear. I am loving watching him grow and change each day.


I am excited to spend the summer playing with both kids. I love having the summers off and getting to spend so much time with the kids. They make me really tired, but it is well worth it and I don't have to get up and be somewhere early the next day.

No comments: