Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!!!

We had a great day, until bed time. We slept in a little and then all headed in different directions. Hannah and Derrick went with MeMe and Pop Pop to spend the day. Hunter and I went to lunch with Jennifer and Micah. We let them sit beside each other which was really cute, but of course I did not take one picture. It was nice to catch up with Jennifer and we laughed about how long we use to get to visit when we would go to lunch. Hunter saw a truck come through the drive through that he thought was Papa, so when we left lunch we went to see Papa, Nana, and Wabi, the cat. We then went back to Mike and Nene's so Hunter could take a nap. While he napped Nene and I went to the Kohl's in Greenville to see if they had some shirts the one in Anderson did not have yesterday. I was so happy to find them in my size. Hunter had just woke up when we got back. After he had a snack we went to Travis and Robin's so Hunter could see the puppies. Hannah and Derrick were already over there. When I got there Hannah said she had fun with Dad and that she got to go back to the graveyard. She said, "When I got out it said, H-O-O-D, Hood but it was not me." I told her I sure was glad. I am not sure why she is so into visiting graveyards. After playing for a little while we went to MeMe and Pop Pop's to eat dinner. MeMe cooked collards and black eyed pea cakes. She also cooked other things and still had some leftovers. She knows that I am a picky eaters as well as Hannah. Thanks MeMe for cooking us dinner it was good. We came back to Mike and Nene's to get the kids ready for bed. Hunter wanted to part of that. I think he was really upset that Dad and Mike left and did not tell him bye. After about a hour and a half of him being up and down and getting to play a little more he finally went to bed. Hannah sang him some songs and he finally went to sleep. Thank goodness, he has never acted like that a bed time before. I hope it was a one time occurrence.

We have had a great week visiting with family and friends this week. It is always nice to be in SC, but also good to get back home and back on our regular schedule. I am excited to start a new year. I look forward to watching my kids grow and spending time with family and friends. I have thought some about resolutions but I like to think about them more as lifestyle changes. I should make a list, maybe I will do that on the ride home tomorrow.

I hope you all had a great New Year's Day and that you all have a wonderful 2011.

No comments: