Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 22, 2011

love/hate relationship


I have a love/hate relationships with giving treatments. Both kids have taken them at times. Hannah's first three years of life we did more treatments than I care to remember. Every time she got sick it always settled in her lungs or she got an ear infection. Thankfully tubes and removing her adenoids helped with the ear infections. She has not been on any medicine since she was a little over 3, I think. Hunter has had several breathing issues and he does one treatment a day of Pulmicort, as a preventive. He is much better now about taking treatments than he use to be. He likes to play trucks or blocks or watch Elmo or read books or do any combination of things while getting his treatment. I am thankful that his lungs have been clear every time he has gotten sick this fall and winter. I talked to the doctor yesterday and she said in late spring will will try to take him off the Pulmicort and see how he does. I will be happy if he can do without it, but will gladly keep giving it to him if that is what it takes to keep his lungs healthy.

No comments: