Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 21, 2011

what a day




It is 9:20 Friday night and I am in the bed typing this post. This week has kicked my bottom (we don't say the b word)! Yesterday afternoon Sheri called me at work to tell me that Hunter woke up with a fever and was miserable. I quickly left got my things and went to get him. When I got to Nana's he was laying in Papa's lap. He sounded really stuffy when he said my name. He had not eaten or had much to drink all day. I had called the doctor before I left school and since they had not called back I went on and picked up Hannah and came home. He ate some crackers and drank his juice on the way to get Hannah and home. When we got home he ate a couple of mini muffins. He just kept saying, "Hold you" every time I tried to put him down for a minute. The nurse called and said to give him medicine to keep him comfortable during the night and bring him in today. I made an appointment for 8:30. When I gave him Tylenol I noticed there was not much left. Hunter and left to go to Target and back by my school. It was snowing and the ground was covered when we left. I needed to get my list of subs, just in case we had to go to school today. We came home and I fixed him some dinner which he ate very little of. Derrick gave him a bath and he seemed to feel better. We gave him more medicine before he went to bed and he slept all night. I called the doctor this morning to tell them that we were not going to make it at 8:30, and they kindly changed his appointment to 10. I got the kids ready and we left about 8:30. I was not sure how the roads were and Old Hickory is always a nightmare in the mornings. The roads were good, but Hannah's school parking lot was not in great shape. It took us a HOUR to get from Hannah's school to the doctor's office. It should about 15 minutes. We got to see Dr. B, our favorite. She said he does have a little fluid in his ears, but it is clear and that his tonsils are still big, but not as red. She checked him out good and said she still thinks it is just a virus that he is having a hard time getting over. While I was there I got a phone call from Hannah's school. I asked Dr. B if I could get it and she said sure. They said that Hannah was running a low grade fever and was very weepy. They said she had just been sitting in the teachers lap and crying. I asked them if she said anything hurt and they said no she just said she did not feel good. I told them I would be there as soon as we left the doctors office. I talked to Dr. B and she said to just watch her and if her temp went up or she had any other symptoms to bring her in. When I got to Hannah's school she was playing and fine. She said, "Why are you here, where am I going?" I told her they called and said she was sick so we were going home. On the way home we had a long talk about saying you are sick when you are not. She told me she just missed me and wanted to be with me and Hunter. I told her I understood that, but that is not what she told her teachers. She did not have a fever when we got home. I made her take a nap, because I told her that sick children and children who do not feel good have to get lots of rest. She is a MESS and too smart for her own good, as Mrs. Julia said today. She is fine and has not had a temp all day. I think she just had one at school because she had on layers and had herself so worked up. Hunter has not had a temp all day, but his little nose is SOOOOO stuffy and thick. He will let me clean it out and has really gotten good at blowing it all by himself. As much as I hate him being sick I have enjoyed getting to hold him so much. I did enjoy getting to send time with Hannah today. I also enjoyed seeing them be sweet to each other for most of the day. I am ready for a good nights sleep and I am hoping Hunter will wake up feeling better. I am looking forward to a day at home as a family tomorrow.

No comments: