Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

one year

One year at times seems like no time at all and at times feel like forever. Today I was at school getting ready to pick my kids up from specials and realized it was the exact time I left the hospital from sitting with Ma Dot one year ago. I was overcome with more emotions than I can explain. I still miss Ma Dot so much. Earlier this month I called Papa Charlie to tell him happy birthday and I still have their home number saved as Ma Dot. When I saw her name on my phone my mind flooded with all the times I would call and talk to her. She always sounded so excited when I called and we could talk for five minutes or a hour and it was always wonderful. She was such an encouragement to me. I will be forever thankful that a year ago today I spent those last few hours with her here on earth. Hannah still misses her so much as well. She has not talked about her in a while, but did visit her grave twice while we were there after Christmas. I am glad to have so many wonderful memories to hold on to and the peace of knowing she is in heaven and I will one day see her again.

1 comment:

MeMe said...

You were very fortunate be able to have her for as long as you did. Our grandparents are so special, and I still miss mine so much. You really should talk about your memories of her often with Hannah. It will make her feel closer to MeMa, even though she is already in Heaven. You will always feel her love in your heart because she lives on through you. I am just thankful that Hannah remembers her, and I wish Hunter could have also known her longer. She was a special lady, and you have her strength and the wisdom she imparted to you along the way. May God bless you as you cherish the sweet memories you all shared and made together. Love you!