Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

snowed in again

The kids and I have been snowed in again today. I love snow days, but I am not a fan of knowing I CAN'T go somewhere. I think our road it good, but our driveway scares me a little. Derrick had a hard time getting the work truck up the driveway last night, but got it out OK this morning. I think tomorrow we may try to go somewhere, even if it is just Sonic to get drinks. We had a very lazy day today. Hannah woke up early this morning and said she had a headache. She drank some water and went back to bed until almost 8. Hunter slept until about the same time. We had breakfast, played, colored, watched some TV, went and looked at the snack, played some more, etc. I did a little school work, so I could feel productive. Hannah asked to go outside while we were eating lunch. Hunter thought that was a great idea. I told him after nap we could go out and play. He took a good nap and I made Hannah rest while he napped. She had a temp of 99.3 after breakfast so I went ahead and gave her some Tylenol. She said she was feeling better and still wanted to go outside. As soon as Hunter woke up he was saying outside, snow. We got all bundled up and headed outside. It was much colder today than yesterday. I think because the wind was blowing today. We played outside for a little while then came in to warm up. We cleaned up so I could vacuum the living room. Hunter thinks the vacuum is so funny. He just laughs and runs around it while you vacuum. He is a mess. Hannah played in her room while I cooked dinner. Hunter brought to potato heads in the kitchen and played right under my feet while I cooked. While we were eating Hunter said bath, teeth, night-night. He loves a routine. Derrick would say that I totally made both of our kids that way. After getting him in the bed I snuggled on the couch with Hannah for a little while. She said she was cold and her stomach hurt. She is running a little fever again 99.3, but said just her stomach hurt. When I put her to bed she said it felt better. If she is still not feeling well tomorrow I am going to call the doctor. I am glad I have the day off so she can rest. Sorry no pictures today. The camera battery is dead and I can't find the charger. I hope all of you enjoyed your snow day, if you had one today.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Headache and stomach ache sure sounds like a classic case of strep. Hopefully you caught it early. Glad you are having fun with Hannah and Hunter. You will both be so glad you did!