Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 22, 2011

happy Saturday

After sleeping in, until a little after 8, the kids were ready to play. Hannah put all of the vegetable heads together just like the picture. Hunter found these in Hannah's room and they have both played with them a good bit over the last week or so.
Hunter wanted us all to play blocks with him. He wants everyone to lay on the floor to build with him. He is too funny!
They were giving Dad a hug before he went downstairs to work. They were all saying cheese when I took the picture. They sure do love their Dad!!!!!!!!!
This is the project Dad is working on downstairs. I will take a picture of it finished. I think it will look neat. He is building it for a friends house. He sure is talented. I hope Hannah and Hunter will have as many talents as he does.
We all ate lunch and then Hunter napped. Hannah and Dad played a game of checkers before he had to get back to work. She wanted to go downstairs with him. I went down to talk to him and found her playing with this. She said they were having a birthday party. I am sure when Hunter starts playing with this the castle will not be used for such things.
When Hunter woke up he wanted a snack and to watch Elmo. I am very glad that Hannah will watch Elmo with him and not complain. Hunter is learning to share the TV because we do not all love Elmo as much as he does.
This is what the living room looked like when we left to go eat. I am trying to not stress myself out about keeping all the toys picked up all the time. I am telling myself that this is what my house should look like if my kids had a good day and I was able to spend time playing with them.

We had a good dinner at Red Robin and then came home to get baths and clean up a little. I hope you all had a happy Saturday!!

1 comment:

MeMe said...

I am happy that you are having so much fun together. These special days will be gone all too soon. Please don't let them suddenly get past you. You are so wise to take advantage each and every time that you possibly can and enjoy being a family. I am proud of you for slowing down and choosing to make such great memories, because this is what your children and my grandchildren will recall in their future that meant the most to them growing up. All they really ever want is your time and to know that you listen to them. Thank you both for doing just that! :-)