Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 2, 2010

guess what we woke up to??





You guessed it, more rain. I am really not a fan of this much rain. We did not have church today because they were still calling for bad storms/tornadoes and so many roads are closed because they are flooded. Hannah was sad we were not going to church, but then she said, "Can I stay in my PJ's all day?" We told her sure and she was okay with having to stay home. Derrick worked on the bathroom in the basement (I will try to take pictures of the progress and post tomorrow) and on his jeep. I played with the kids and did laundry. Hunter took three naps today. I think Hannah watched at least 4 movies. I should have been way more productive, but I just enjoyed doing nothing but spending time with Hannah and Hunter, when he was awake. The most excitement we had today were the seven turkeys coming to visit. It was raining so hard at one point that two of them were standing together under the tree with their heads down. I wanted to take a picture but it was raining too hard and there was too much rain on the window. I called Papa to tell him the gobblers he was hunting for all season were in our yard. He told me to tie on up and hold it until he got here this weekend. They hung out in the yard all day. Hannah took this close up picture of them "playing". She said Papa would like to see them up close.

We are very thankful to have no damage from all the rain. We had a little water in the fireplace, just coming down the back wall and one place in the basement was dripping, where the porch is connected to the house. We thought that was all until tonight. Derrick went back downstairs to turn the lights off and called me to come down. There is a crack in the floor, which has been there since we moved it and it is wet. Derrick said the ground is just so wet that water is coming up through the crack. It is not that bad and we know it could be a lot worse. Our neighbors have been cleaning water our of their basement all day. I think the rain has stopped for now. I hope that tomorrow we will see nothing but sunshine and blue skies. That is what Hannah prayed for tonight.

We got a call around lunch time that school is closed tomorrow. I am glad and sad. Glad because I love a day out of school, but sad because I am ready to finish the school year. I hope we will not have to make it up. I hope we can go back Tuesday but after watching the news tonight I am not so sure. Hannah's school is closed tomorrow as well. Derrick was supposed to work and his job was canceled. Looks like another family fun day tomorrow.

No comments: