Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

our day

My sweet babies!!!! I hope they always play together this well.
Hunter was a good supervisor while we all worked.
Hannah is a good helper, when she wants to be. : )
Our fun pancakes!!!
They were snacking on goldfish while they watched Dad cook breakfast.


I enjoyed having today off, but hate to have it off because of a flood. I finally just turned the TV off. I did not want to hear about all the damage anymore. I still can't believe that Nashville flooded. I have said a prayer all day for the people who have lost their homes, I can't imagine. To keep my mind off of the sadness I spent lots of time playing with Hannah and Hunter.
We started the morning with plane, truck and train pancakes. Thanks Mrs. Sharon for the molds and thanks Dad for cooking. Hannah thought they were really neat and Hunter was just happy to eat. I am sure he will enjoy them as he gets older. After breakfast we played inside for a while. Derrick and Hannah went to Home Depot and Hunter and I went for a walk outside. We all needed to get out of the house. It was a really pretty day. Hannah said more than once that she was so happy to see the sunshine. While the kids napped I went to walk with Julia. We had a nice walk even though it was a little warm out today. When I got home we all went outside to play/clean the back porch. We had to wash all of the pollen off the table and chairs so we could eat outside again. We cleaned the table, chairs, porch, and rearranged the flowerpots. Just to change it up a little. Derrick has been working in the backyard and it looks nice. I will have to take pictures to post. Hannah helped us clean a little and then wanted to drive her jeep. Hunter decided that he needed to ride in her jeep. They played until dinner, which we ate outside. Then Derrick and Hannah cut the grass in the backyard and Hunter and I came in the clean up. He wanted to ride on the lawnmower, but he is still coughing to bad to be out in the fresh cut grass. When they finished cutting grass it was time for the kids to get a bath and go to bed. It did not take either of them long to fall asleep.

School is closed again tomorrow. I am sure we will have another fun day of playing and enjoying the warm, dry weather.

No comments: