Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 22, 2010

a lesson learned


I have talked to Hannah many times about making sure she keeps important things put up so buddy can't get them. We talk all the time about things that can break, little pieces, etc. Hunter loves to play in Hannah's room. He is always in her room. She is very good about letting him play with her things and not getting mad at him for being in her room. Today I was going through his clothes to see what he has that fits for summer and noticed they were both very quiet. I heard him crawl in the bathroom. I went to make sure he was not in the toilet, his other favorite place to play. The lid was down, thank goodness, but his shirt was wet. When I picked him up I noticed he was covered in glitter. I went in Hannah's room to find that she had tried to clean up the broken snow globe. As soon as I saw it she started crying. I asked her why she was so upset, she said that she did not want me to be mad at her. I told her I was not mad at her, but that I was sad that she had not put her important things up. I was really worried that she and Hunter had been hurt by the glass. They were both fine. Derrick and I cleaned it all up. I think we were all covered in glitter by the time we finished cleaning up. I think she learned a very valuable lesson today. I hate that she had to learn this hard lesson, but she handled it well.

No comments: