Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 1, 2010

not your normal Saturday


We woke up this morning to rain. Not unusual for spring, right? We were excited to go see Jacqulin in her school play this afternoon. Then I had Girl's Night Out with the girls from Sunday School. We were going to cook and watch a movie together. As the morning went on the rain never let up. When we got ready to leave for the play it was POURING. We made it to Nipper's Corner and got a call from Deborah. She told us to go back home. There was a tornado watch/warning (I never remember which is worse, neither are good to me) and they had the kids in the hall in the tornado position. Good thing we practice those at school. We were really sad that we did not get to see the play. I am sure it was good and hopefully Deborah videoed it and we can watch it sometime. As the afternoon went on the rain kept coming. We had the news on when the cable worked and it was not looking good. Needless to say Girl's Night Out was canceled. I have never, in my thirty years of life, seen this much rain. They are calling for rain through the night and all day tomorrow. I am glad I live on a hill and I am praying for all the people who are being flooded.

The picture above is at our exit (Bell Rd.). The house/trailer that is floating down the interstate is one I drive past everyday. It is amazing to me that that much water was created by the rain we had all day. I know it has rained a lot today, but I did not expect to see a flood. It is very unnerving to me to know that I can't get anywhere. I do not mind being snowed in but I do not like being flooded in. Floods are what happen to people who live near large bodies of water, not to us in TN, or so I thought.

No comments: