Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

why I love my life

I love being home with my kids, even though I get nothing accomplished. I have learned that dishes, clothes, cleaning, etc. can wait. This morning we slept in a little before getting Hannah ready for school. She was ready to go to school. She told me she really needed to see her friends. Hunter and I went to the grocery store and bank before coming home for him to take a nap. While he napped I did a little cleaning up. I should have written thank you notes from his birthday, I am doing to do that tonight before I go to bed. After nap and lunch I took him to make a garden stone like Hannah's. He loved it. I think his favorite part was getting to put his hands and feet in the water to wash them off. He loves to play in water. I will pick it up next week and post a picture of it. We came home and played for a little bit. I laid him down for a short nap so he would not be fussy at dinner tonight. He gladly went to sleep, but I had to wake him up to go get Hannah. On the way home she asked me what my favorite color was. I told her blue and she said, good that is what I said. She then asked me what my weight was. I asked her why she needed to know that? She said I just do, is it 88. I said YES!!! I love her. She said I am making something for you, but it is a secret. I am proud of her for keeping a secret, but can't wait to see what she is making. We are waiting on Derrik to get home so we can go to dinner. I am sad that we are out of school because of the flood but these three days have reminded me how much I love being with my kids and Derrick. I go back to work tomorrow, but only have a few weeks until I am out for summer. I am excited already about the fun we will have this summer. I will be sure to take lots of pictures and hopefully update the blog daily with our fun.

No comments: