Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Ready to make cookies to leave for Santa and to take to the neighbors.
Cutting the cookies.
Adding the sprinkles.
We went to the Christmas Eve service at church this afternoon. Hannah and Ty were able to sit together. They did well. Hannah had lots of questions about communion, but seemed satisfied with the answers I gave her. Derrick and I are amazed at what she seems to understand about Jesus. She asked me why she could not have the "snack" and I told her it was for people who had Jesus living in their hearts and who loved Him. She looked at me just as serious as ever and said, "Jesus lives in my heart and I love Him." Wow, what do you say to that. It is our prayer that she and Hunter both will ask Jesus to live in their hearts and have strong, great relationships with Him. It was a nice service and I am glad we were able to share it as a family. I think it is the first Christmas Eve service I have ever attended. We always had Christmas with my Dad's side of the family on Christmas Eve. It is a little sad to not be with them tonight and to not have Ma Dot here. I still miss her so much. I know she is having the best Christmas of all.
Thanks Jacqulin for taking a family picture for us. She did a great job considering the kids did not want to have their picture made.
She did get this sweet pictures of my sweet babies, who are growing up way to fast. We had a great time hanging out the the Sumner family tonight. We had yummy soups, Taco, White Chicken Chili, Chicken Pot Pie, and Chili with no bean. Lot of choices and they were all good. It was nice spend Christmas Eve with our Nashville family. Thanks for inviting us. Deborah took pictures too and I am sure she will put them on her blog soon.

We changed the kids into their pj's before we left and took the long way home to look at Christmas lights. Hannah asked early in December if we could put our pj's on one night and go look at Christmas lights. We saw some really cool lights. I was glad that other people had asked on Facebook where the best place to look at light were. It came in handy. Hunter loves looking at the lights too, but fell asleep before we go to the really good lights. I could not find the camera so we have no pictures of the cool lights we saw.

When we got home Hannah put out the cookies and milk for Santa and the carrots for his reindeer. She wanted to write him a letter. Derrick helped her write the card. She did a good job. Derrick wrote Merry Christmas on the front and she drew two reindeer, a girl and an boy. (They are upside down for some reason.) The message on the inside says God is the reason for the Christmas on the right and to Santa from Hannah Lynn Hood on the left. She then drew crosses on the back. When we came to show me she read me the inside and said, "I wrote God because God and Jesus are the same person. I drew crosses because Jesus died on the cross for us." I told her I am sure Santa will love his card.
Back
Inside
Front, turned the wrong way so you can see the reindeer better.
I sure do love this sweet girl. I am sure next year Hunter will be up still and help a little more getting ready for Santa to come. Merry Christmas Eve everyone!!

No comments: