Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

a good day

First a funny Hunter story. While we were driving home I asked him if he had a good day. He said, "It was a great day." I asked him why and he quickly responded, "Because I did not have to go to time out all day!" That is a great day in a three-year-old mind.

Dad and Hannah spent the day together and had a good day also. I am glad they were able to send the day together.

My day was pretty good too. I had parent teacher conferences today. I met with 15 parents and 13 of my conferences were great. That is pretty good. I have a great group of kids this year and they have great parents, for the most part.

 After school I went to vote. I felt very strong about voting this year, which I am sad to admit this was not the case in the last election. Maybe it is because I am getting older (as much as I do not like to admit that) or because I watched/listened to all three debates this year or because I have been teaching my first graders about voting and the election process.  As I waited in line to vote I felt very nervous, burdened, and blessed. Who knew voting could stir up so many emotions. I feel like a "real" adult when I do things like voting. I am glad that I have the freedom to vote and I am thankful to live in America.
When I got home Derrick had my ring. I sure did miss having it on my hand where it belongs. It looks so shinny and new. I should have given him my wedding band to have polished while he was picking up my diamond.

I hope that all of you had a good day, whatever that looks like for you.

1 comment:

Mike and Nene said...

So proud of you for voting. It is a important thing and always makes me feel a little proud of myself.

So happy you have your ring back!

Continued great days for all.